Monday, January 5, 2009

SUMMERTIME IN DECEMBER


Of the 4 years I have lived in Miami, this December (and so far January 2009) have been the most beautiful.  The weather has been in the upper 70's, or 80 every single day!  Just unbelievable!  There wasn't a day over the 2 week holiday vacation when the weather hasn't been great. (Especially since most of the rest of the United States has been in a deep freeze all winter).  This is the first December that I remember actually going to the beach and having a winter tan.

I remember my first December in Miami (2004).....I invited 2 friends on mine, Anthony & Robin to visit me in my new condo.  It was a "cold" December with temperatures in the 60's.  Granted, warmer than London in December by 30-40 degrees, but it was not quite the warm weather we were all hoping for.

For the next 3 years (2005-2007) it was in the 70's.  Nice, pleasant weather, and again, certainly nothing to complain about with the rest of the country freezing.  But this December it is like summer all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment