Tuesday, September 22, 2009

THOUGHTS TOO SHORT FOR A FULL POST


Here are some things that are too short for a full post in a blog, but I felt like writing about nonetheless:

I LOVE THIS COMMERCIAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qb0vquRcys The look on the little girls face is just hilarious.

Go to Google Images and type in "Male Model Reading" and there's only 1 image. In the whole of the Googleverse, there's only 1 image of a male model reading!

I like red velvet cake. My favorite cake of all time isn't even cake. I really only like ice cream cake. Not some cake and some ice cream, just a pure cake made entirely of ice cream. Friendly's is the best and Baskin Robbins is close second. Vanilla cake is fine. Chocolate cake is too rich. But recently I tried red velvet cake, and it's really good, but still not as good as ice cream cake.

For the first time in my life, I have a wine cooler. It came with the apartment, so I'm making the best of it and stocking it with Chardonnay. In honor of my new boyfriend, I've named it: "Brandon's Wine Cooler." He sounds happy about the honor, but I'm not sure.

I'll never buy real estate in Palm Springs. Palm Springs is a nice, quiet oasis about 2 1/2 hours outside of Los Angeles, but I'll never buy property there. It's just not my style.

I don't understand the Republican reaction to Obama & Gates shifting the missile defense policy. This is no capitulation to Russia. Russia's done. The country is too big, too poor, too corrupt, has a severely declining birth rate and can barely maintain its territorial integrity. China is the 21st century issue, Russia is long gone. Besides, we need the Russians to maintain a supply line into Afghanistan and, by the way, there is no such thing as missile defense. It doesn't work, hasn't worked and has always been more of a political weapon than true military technology (if it worked, we'd be selling it to our allies). Republicans look like a college senior still worried about the bully that tortured them when they were freshman in high school. Get over it.

I think poetic justice that the Giants handed the Cowboys their own asses in the debut of their new monolith of a stadium. $1.2 billion?!?! That's quite a price tag, but you gotta love the big TV. As a TV researcher, I should mention that the game, because of the rivalry, and largely because of the press surrounding the stadium, on Sunday was the most watched football game on Sunday night ever, with more than 25 million viewers.

Here's another great commercial from the same company: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKdIKP1arF0 "It's a piece of junk. I want the red one." Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment