Friday, January 1, 2010

LADY GAGA IS THE NEXT MADONNA


Lady Gaga is the real deal. Next to Madonna, Lady Gaga puts on the best pop concert I have ever seen. She was interactive with the audience, sang all her own songs, looked amazing, had the hottest back up dancers (an essential), danced her ass off, loves her fans and is only at the beginning of what I'm sure will be a long pop music career.

Madonna may have spoken a little too soon when she crowned Britney Spears as her queen of pop successor. While Britney Spears is good studio musician, and can dance, Britney lip syncs her entire concert. Lady Gaga is as live as live can get. She's evocative, sexual, unfraid to talk about sex and sexuality - both gay and straight. She writes her own lyrics and music and there's a definite story behind her songs. Her first album was about fame while her follow up album was about love.

This isn't the first time I've seen Lady Gaga. I got a sampling of her talent when I went to see Saturday Night Live this fall and she was the musical guest.

Watching the Lady Gaga concert in Miami was a very special way to end 2009. Not only was it my last concert of the decade, but seeing her in Miami on a warm night in December during New Year's Eve under a full moon made it that much more memorable.

When I get back to LA I'll post some clips from the concert on my You Tube site. You can watch then at the bar on the left of the blog. As usual, my seats were really close, but the camera makes everything look further away than it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment