Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BATTLE STUDIES


John Mayer's fourth studio album is all about his relationship with Jennifer Aniston. Battle Studies (as if the title doesn't give it away) is an album about nasty break ups. The songs are about as bitter as you can be while going through a break up. Here are some of the titles of the tracks off the album: Heartbreak Warfare, Assassins, Friends, Lovers or Nothing, War Of My Life....sounds like a break up album to me. Not exactly the happy, love struck tracks from Mr. Mayer's previous albums.

If this is what going out with Jennifer Aniston is like, EEEK! That said, Battle Studies is a very good album. I really like the songs Heartbreak Warfare, Half of my Heart, Who Says, War Of My Life, Edge of Desire, and Do You Know Me.

For anyone who has ever been through a break up (and who hasn't), to say that you can relate to this album is an understatement. Personally, I haven't been through a break up this bad, but I understand where he's coming from. (And I will definitely take Jennifer Aniston's list of lovers - Brad Pitt and John Mayer - now that's what a I call an ex list).

The true test of any break up is who comes out on top. Jennifer Aniston is a true talent and outstanding comedienne. While Courtney Cox has her own TV show, only Jennifer Aniston has managed to become a major movie star post FRIENDS. And she deserves it. The trailer for Ms. Aniston's next movie looks like a big flop (The Bodyguard). Whereas with Battle Studies, John Mayer is doing his very first all arena tour selling out 20,000 seat venues all over the U.S. and internationally.

Believe me, I will be scanning the audience on Thursday, March 25th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles to see if Jennifer Aniston is front row center to hear the album that is all about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment